Tuesday 24 November 2009

The God of Small Things

I am a very firm believer in the importance of the little things.
Both good and bad.
It's the little things that make you happy... It's also the little things that can tip you over the edge into temporary despair.

This afternoon, I am coping with the idea that myself, my husband and my little boy are going to allow a total stranger to inject an unknown (to me) chemical substance into our veins (the swine flu vaccine, tomorrow).
I am coping with the fact that these are my last few weeks of precious alone time with LB.
I am coping with the money worries induced by our ambitious "life-improvement" projects.

But suddenly, I can't find my tea strainer, and I feel this wobbly tower of coping may be about to collapse.

All I want is a nice cup of tea, and the tea strainer has disappeared.
Why does this suddenly seem so, so upsetting?

My coping tower is tall and looks sturdy from the outside... But when tested, it may yet prove to be a dodgy DIY job...


No comments: