Thursday 2 April 2009

Flying Visit

Tomorrow afternoon, BB, the Bump and I are heading off to England for a week.
The trip will be great, I’m sure, once we’ve made it through the ordeal of the journey and – more specifically – the flight.
I fear there may be tears, panic and extremely childish behaviour. And – er – no, I’m not talking about BB: all of the above refers to me!

See, I am not a fan of flying (all those close friends and family members who have had their hand squeezed at bone-cracking intensity by me during turbulent zones… feel free to smile indulgently at this point).
And tomorrow I will have to fly without my two trusty travel companions: Alcohol and Valium. Ah… how I love those two! Sadly though, the presence of BB and Bump effectively eliminate my usual companions, so I will have only my Inner Strength and Calm to help me through.
Lord help us…

Last year I had 8 therapy sessions to overcome this “difficulty”, so you would think they would have some kind of positive effect… We’ll see.
Today I am studiously going over my therapy notes, in an attempt to recover that “positive attitude” I had at the time. Thus, I am being reminded that “thoughts are NOT facts” (simple but true) and “it is better to embrace your fears and give them room to breathe rather than trying to push them aside (don’t worry: me fears usually have PLENTY of room to breathe!!).

Anyway, I will blog next week if I have time (the itinerary for my trip rivals that of President Obama!); if not, you will have to wait a while for the report of our mini-adventure.

Wish us luck!

No comments: