Monday 13 April 2009

Intrepid Adventures

Here we are back safely in Toulouse!

What can I tell you about our holiday in England??
Well, to be honest, having just read about my lovely friend Ingrid's intrepid adventures in Borneo (on her blog)... I feel rather at a loss to offer anything quite so exotic and impressive. So, dear readers, I have decided instead to start by telling you about our culinary exploits...

In the course of just one week, I managed to ingest all of the following (and BB bravely tasted most of them too...).
But sshh... better not mention all this to FH. I think that he is rather under the impression that as a semi-French person, I am now too "sophisticated" to succumb to these dubious (according to the French) culinary pleasures...

The truth, however, is that whenever I set foot on British soil, for some strange reason, I get the urge to indulge...

(Captions are included for the benefit of our bewildered French readers).

Beans on toast

Toasted teacakes with butter

Mint chocolate Aeros... mmmmm

Fish, chips and mushy peas!


So, no, we did not do much mountain climbing, rambling or swimming with exotic fish. But we most certainly did not shy away from the local customs!

More about our trip later.

1 comment:

Delphine said...

All these pictures of food... I almost fainted !