Sunday 28 November 2010

Upwardly Mobile!

It doesn't seem two minutes since I was making this announcement for the first time.
And already, it's LB's turn.
My little boy took his first, second, third, fourth, fifth (etc.) steps yesterday.
And, at not quite 16 months, that really makes him something of an "early starter" in our family.

Watching him hobble across the parquet - tracking our reaction with proud eyes - I felt the familiar, exquisite joy start to bubble up inside me.
And I knew with absolute certainty that it wouldn't matter how many kids you had: the spectacle of this first time would never be any the less moving.

Get an eyeful of that movement!

In between the walks... a little office work

3 comments:

Stevie G. said...

Great photo. You can really see how delighted he is to be on his feet and walking independently!

Delphine said...

"Total freedom" pour ce petit bout qui peut maintenant aussi déployer ses ailes...
Attention aux premières fugues qui ne sauraient tarder! (planquez vos clefs de voiture!)

Shirl said...

Yes, he's transformed now that he can walk. SO much more smiley and good-tempered! (until the next frustration arises I suppose!!).