Monday 7 September 2009

Brave New World

Brave young things that we are, FH and I attempted a weekend away, with both kids in tow. The idea was to a/celebrate FH's 30-something birthday, and b/ see if we were up to the challenge.
Our chosen destination was Fitou, a seaside town less than 2-hours' drive from Toulouse. This was an astute choice: far enough away to seem like a true break... and yet close enough so that - if need be - we could simply pile everyone back into the car and drive home in defeat.
It might have gone either way.

As it turned out, all the boys behaved beautifully.

It has to be said, we have learned from our past mistakes.
This time, for example, FH drove the car (ahem).
And we chose to ignore all calls for "caca" stops. And pretend we couldn't smell dirty nappies.
Really, it's the only way.
And kids adapt.
There's too much fuss about bodily hygiene these days if you ask me...

No, I'm just kidding. Two out of the four people shown on the picture below are well-nourished and clean. The other two are not. Can you guess who's who?

And in the course of the 48-hour weekend, I even managed to get a whole 15 MINUTES to myself! You really can't say fairer than that, can you?

4 comments:

Blondefish said...

VERY impressive - and great pictures!

AFG said...

I was going to say, you manage to do all that AND take pictures AND find the time to post them. That is dedication.

Blondefish said...

Is that where we went to one New Year?

Shirl said...

Just call me superwoman ;-)

No, I must confess, I have a great husband. He does the night shift.
And he takes the pictures ;-)

PS It's close to where we went at NY (about half an hour away).