Friday 11 September 2009

Baby Roadshow

Yesterday LB and I made our second roadtrip in under a week: a four-hour* round trip to Bordeaux for the day.
You may think this was quite an unnecessary challenge for me to undertake, but the effort was well worth it: our objective was not sight-seeing but a date with a very good friend of mine, Ingrid.

Ingrid, if you don't know her, is an international globetrotter who can rarely be sighted on the same continent as me, let alone the same land stretch. So, naturally, if I hear she's within a reasonable distance (anywhere requiring only a day's travel and preferably no planes...), I make sure I hot foot it over there! "Because she's worth it".

A fabulous day was had by all, though I'm not sure LB perceived the nuance of a Bordeaux blue sky as opposed to a Toulouse blue sky...

We got home well after dark, absolutely exhausted, but happy to have made the trip.

Someone whose opinion I respect very much once told me: the only things that really matter in life, if you think about it, are the people you care about and the things you store up in your head.
As I get older, the truth of this seems more and more obvious.


*Theoretical time only. Factor in the milk stops, the poop stops and the "I don't really know what's wrong but I'm quite unhappy & I don't want to be in the car anymore" stops and it's actually more like 7 hours!

No comments: