Saturday 29 January 2011

From the Mouths of Babes

1/ We're driving along, just me and him, when - entirely out of the blue - BB decides to treat me to his most comprehensive and breathtaking demonstration of bilinguilism so far.

"Maman, in English, CAR. En français, VOITURE!
In English, HOUSE. En français, MAISON!
In English, WINDOW. En français, FENETRE!"

Open-mouthed, I swing round to stare at my triumphant little BB, sitting smugly in the back seat.

I am so astounded I almost crash the voiture.

2/ FH is in the midst of a DIY frenzy. In typical FH style, though, the first few days (weeks) of the frenzy involve a good deal of ripping out and tearing away and not a whole lot of improvement.

Such is the current state of our bathroom. With no sink, no shelves, no cupboard and a lot of haphazard plaster all over the walls, no-one could really claim that the room is at its most advantageous.

Except, evidently, the son of the DIY fanatic.
Call it family loyalty, call it the innocence of the young... BB, on discovering the "new" state of his former bathroom, was heard to exclaim:
"Oh, papa! C'est TRES joli ce que tu as fait!"

Ah, if only I could find it in me to be so encouraging!

No comments: