Tuesday 24 August 2010

HR Manager

This afternoon, we have a Red Indians birthday bash to attend.
The party will take place at 2 pm, which makes life a little tricky, if we consider that:
1/ BB usually sleeps from around 1.30 till 4.30
2/ BB's personality morphs from sweet & endearing to Unbearable if he doesn't sleep from 1.30 till 4.30.

BUT! But!
Supermums the world over know that, with a little forward planning & a few cunning adjustments to schedules, catastrophe can be avoided.
So, by rushing the boys out early and tiring them out, I contrive to get them home for 11.30 am, tricking them into thinking it is already nap time.
And down they go. Out for the count, sleepy and - if my calculations are correct - destined to be beautifully rested by the time they are deposited at the party.

Ah, how the success or failure of a day hinges on astute forward planning.

I cannot help but think of the mean manager who interviewed me three weeks ago. How wrong he is, how misguided.
Surely anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see: Mothers are the ultimate HR Managers. Our lives are an ongoing exercise in HR management!

I could have done THAT job with my eyes closed!!

No comments: