Tuesday 10 August 2010

Bon Voyage

Oops, forgot to mention that we have upped sticks and moved to England for two weeks.
Via Paris, a bunch of West Indian cousins and 2 days on various trains, of course (what else??).

Since a slight professional setback requires a recovery period (I'm sure you will agree), I am now off work for 4 weeks. There's something quite giddying about the thought that the Firm shall not be graced with my presence until September 6th.

That's working mothers for you, hey?
Never there :-)

I will update you about our inter-continental adventures as and when, starting with the exciting opening episode entitled "The Taxi That Never Was."
I'll leave you to imagine the sordid details of such a tale... which ends with a frantic Sunday morning phonecall to a friend, two frazzled adults and two bewildered kids racing down a platform to catch the train that almost eluded them... and threatened to abort the entire expedition before it even began...

No comments: