Monday 1 March 2010

What Goes Around Comes Around

My 32nd birthday kicked off at 2 a.m., with a bout of hysterical crying.
No, the crier wasn't me - freaked out at the thought of getting even older - but LB. Or rather, a scrunched up, angry, unconsolable version of LB.

The crying continued for a good hour, but I managed to be stoical. "You chose to be a mother", repeated my wise, inner voice. The voice of a well-adjusted 32 year-old woman?

Of course, there was a silver lining to this hysterical cloud.
Thanks to LB, I could completely empathise with how my own mother must have been feeling at the same hour exactly 32 years ago: tired, overwhelmed, shell-shocked and slightly annoyed with those friends who told her having a baby would be a fantastically amazing experience.

God has a sense of humour, doesn't he?

1 comment:

Delphine said...

It's not 12 pm yet so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Shirley !!!!!
Mode applause, kisses, champagne and petits fours "ON"
May this new year of your life fullfill your wishes ...