Thursday 18 March 2010

Spring Forward

I don't know if it's the first daffodil of the year to raise its head in our back garden... but it's the first one I've noticed.
I know: every spring is the same: every year, a variation of the same photo.
What can I say? I'm a fan of spring.
Each year is a tiny miracle: the first rays of sunlight that carry actual warmth... the first vibrant splashes of colour... the first time I fling open the back doors, unleash the kids into the garden with the giddy instruction: "Go play!"...


Ah, the joys of outdoor play.
Wednesdays have turned a corner: give the boy an old broom, some soil to get dirty in, a ball or two... and hey presto! Relaxed parenting is back!

Baby is left to soak up a few rays: purely in order to boost his vitamin D reserves, of course.
This is what I call "responsible parenting"...

Does spring not merit a shorter crop?
As though shedding my cumbersome winter fur, I get a few curls hacked off, and all is right with the world again.

2 comments:

Blondefish said...

Wow! Very trendy! (and suits you!)

Carol Castle said...

I like it! You are always my gorgeous sister. Thank you so much for your email. Hopefully talk on Sunday when I at mums. Love you xx