Thursday 11 February 2010

A New Twist to the Tale of the Chicken & the Egg

Naughty me, I hardly ever wear a helmet when I cycle to work. And by “hardly ever”, I really mean… er… never.


But I started to feel that, as an adored mother of two (I like to think I’m adored…), this was quite irresponsible of me.

And so today, for the first time, I renounced the prospect of OK-looking hair and donned an unattractive helmet.

And today, for the first time, I fell off my bike.


What can this mean?

Was my ‘fall” pre-ordained, and some kind of instinctual premonition / guardian angel made me wear a helmet?

Or, did the fact I was wearing a helmet make me more foolhardy and less attentive, so less likely to fall?

Or, is it just a coincidence?


Ooh, tricky.

The philosophical debate is open.

3 comments:

Les canadiens said...

Well if you put it on the second day and you fall again, I would advice to keep the helmet safe in the closet.
Did you hurt yourself? Who's responsible?
Pascal

Blondefish said...

What happened? You ok? Would you have been more hurt without a helmet? Any boys on the back? obviously all these answers are required for a full evidence-based theory. Most importantly, hope you are ok! xx

Shirl said...

Thank you for the outpouring of concern ;-)
Don't worry, only my thigh is a little bruised, there were no boys on the back, and the only parties involved were 1/ Me & 2/An invisible patch of ice.
Ingrid, I expect a full 50-page researched report on my desk within a week ;-)