Monday 25 May 2009

Freak of Nature

There are some things in life that one must accept with a wry smile and a stiff upper lip... or else become very bitter.

Like, for example, say you spent three months looking for a new car, found one and bought it for quite a lot of money, owned it proudly for all of 12 days...
... and then, one Monday evening, thanks to a freak hail storm, the aforementioned new car got pounded relentlessly for two minutes with hailstones the size of hand grenades.
Leaving dozens of dents in the roof and bonnet.

Well, if this ever happens to you, give me a call.
I'll be able to empathise.

4 comments:

Ptitwill said...

Mince, I hope your car insurance can take it, but with at a least a penalty knowing them. I was walking to take the car to go home when I read your post (that's a geek life): confirmation, I also have some tiny spots on the roof if it can help. :o/
Kisses to all the family

AFG said...

Goodness, and I thought Caribbean weather was risky. If it's any consolation, we took delivery of our new car a few days before Wilma hit and there followed large and lengthy arguments with insurers about hurricane damage. It's all part of being a grown up, right?

Shirl said...

Hum, thanks for your support!
Yeah, there's a 400 euro excess ("franchise")... plus it's even worse than we thought: the windscreen is cracked as well.

I am trying to remain stoical.

Unknown said...

When coming back home after the 2 hail storms yesterday evening, I passed by 3 car accidents over a distance of 5km. No injuries from what I saw.
Sincerely sorry for the new car.