Thursday 27 August 2009

Cycling in France


Yesterday, my beloved bike and I were reunited.
Circumstances had contrived to separate us for the past nine months, but we overcame the trial and found one another again.
It was a wonderful, emotional moment.

I know I sound sentimental, and probably a little pathetic, but you must understand that the bike and I go back a long way. Nine years, to be exact.
And we've had some great times together.

As I rode along at top speed, 4 weeks after the birth of LB, I grinned foolishly, dizzy on the simple sensation of freedom I get when the bike and I are on the road together.

If you'd seen the pair of us, you'd have thought: there's a couple in love.
You'd never have guessed we'd just been through a long & difficult separation.
La vie est belle.

1 comment:

Blondefish said...

Yay for the bike! Changes everything....