Monday 13 September 2010

Bike-ku


You know when something just tickles you?
Makes you giggle so much you can't stop, and suddenly you're shaking uncontrollably at your desk, and looking a bit wild-eyed and ridiculous?

This morning I received an email from a particularly eccentric but touching American colleague.
He's a lovely guy in his late fifties, a truly "young at heart" type who somehow still manages to see the world as a gentle, fluffy, wondrous place, despite having notched up over five decades of life experience.

Updating me on his day to day life, he wrote: I'm cycling to work more and more, and starting to really love it. Actually, sometimes as I'm riding along, I get inspired to compose little poems - haikus - in my head (he then inserted his haiku, which I won't reproduce here for, er, copyright reasons). Well, I call them haikus, but actually, I like to think of them as "bike-kus"

Bike-kus.

One little word that had me shaking with laughter... and gave Monday morning an unexpectedly sweet taste.

No comments: